JD for the Role- Lead Test Automation Engineer
Below is the job description:
- The Client has recently adopted devops, cloud technologies, big data and agile practices to deliver the new technology platform to underpin our changing organisation
- The technology division has a variety of practices and specialty teams that work closely with the business to deliver technology innovation and business value, utilising agile and continuous delivery practices.
- Technology supports a variety of customers from Defence, Commercial (sales, end user applications and data delivery) and internal Operations (product development, compilation and manufacture) that offer a variety of change programmes across the organisation.
- The Lead Test Automation Engineer will sit within the technology production engineering team and will;
• Develop DevOps Capability – through continuous integration, deployment, testing and delivery capabilities
• Continually improve the Dev Ops culture, tooling and processes
• Automate everything
• Use the following technology stack; Visual Studio, C#, Java, Ruby, Spec flow, Team Foundation Service, Jenkins, Hadoop, Selenium, SoapUI, Postman, Cucumber, Jmeter.
• Implementing and improving test automation frameworks
• Providing guidance to teams on overcoming automation challenges
• Reviewing team’s automation approach for adherence to good coding standards and approach
• Working with teams on implementing delivery pipelines
• Research on new test automation techniques & tools in the fields of big data, data science, security and performance testing or any other field of test automation that you feel can benefit.